Thursday, June 14, 2012

Maxi with a twist, and linking up!



Dress (worn as skirt): Wal-marts!
First top: Old Navy Similar Similar
Second top: NY&Co
Belt: CR (old)
Bag: Ross
Bracelets: Target (old)


Hey all!  So sorry I've been MIA the past couple of days.  My work/boot camp schedule + pouring rain + visiting our friends because they just had thecutestbabygirlever = haven't been in anything but sweatpants since Monday.

Today I'm linking up with one of my favorite ladies who's hosting "Style to the Max(i)."  Bonnie from Mini Me Style is putting us in maxi dresses this week.  Maxi dresses are hard for me to find because they are never long enough (story of my shopping life)... but when there's a will, there's a way!  This really is a dress... a $14.88 dress from Wal-marts ya'll.  It's strapless, and when worn as intended, it's way too short on me. 

No biggie!

These cheap and easy to find dresses are perfect to wear as skirts too!  I just pulled the top of the dress down passed the girls, threw on any top, and belted it. 

Done.

I'm curious, would you have ever guessed? :)

Have a lovely day chickie poos!

<3
Ashley


2 comments:

  1. I'm confused about wearing the dress as a skirt... You said you pulled the top down but it doesn't seem bulky... Could you explain a little more?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure! If you find a strapless maxi dress, it most likely has an elastic bust. I pulled the bust part down around my waist, and it actually holds my tummy in a little because it's tighter (I bought 1-2 sizes down). This works for me because I am so tall, and when I pull the dress down to my waist, the length is long enough :)

    ReplyDelete