Friday, July 27, 2012
- Rachel's Look Book shares with us her summer "go-to" items that are fit for running errands or lunch with the girls! Cute! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation is walking on the wild side with her fashion choices lately and it's paying off! She looks fabulous in her new red pants! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- Ash 'N' Fashn is gearing up for the start of the Olympics with an adorable graphic tee! Perfect for watching the opening ceremonies tonight! (find Ash N' Fashn on Twitter!)
- Pink Margarita Pearl looks gorgeous in a neutral outfit - head over to find out how she uses a hint of shimmer to keep the look interesting!
- Urban Frill is wearing her own version of the primary colors and knocked it out of the park! And she thought she had nothing to wear! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Here & Now mixes masculine and feminine for a layered summer look! Pop over to see how she pulls it off! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Fabulously Average is taking style cues from Betty Draper while sporting an updated vintage look complete with a pink lace skirt! Love! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Runaway Style is channeling her inner free spirt with lace and pastels - a beautiful nod to the 60s!
- the Queen City Style is shopping her own closet and trying out a new combination she has never thought of! Head over to see the unlikely pair! (find The Queen City Style on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow goes Aztec with an amazing pair of shorts! She pairs it with a top that has an unexpected twist - go check it out! (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations recreates a casual Rosie Huntington look for under $115! It involves boots and shorts - a must see!
- Second Street East is sharing a little office inspiration with us, which will be her future workspace. One hint - pink and yellow! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Lipstick & Lollies pairs a neutral top with some pops of color! Don't forget to check out her fun hair accessory!
- Sweetie Pie Style runs us through this fall's shoe trends! Be careful because you will want every. single. pair. (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Listen, we all make mistakes.
I can't believe I'm posting these.
We're all friends here, right? :)
Shirt: Old Navy
Yup, that just happened.
I really thought this looked great in the mirror. I don't know what happened! Hey, we're all human. I also thought these shoes were a great idea, until I couldn't find more than one outfit to wear them with.
You gotta learn to laugh at yourself every now and then :)
Ok stop laughing.
On with your day now!!
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Hi friends. I had a crappy day yesterday, so I decided to start today by pumping myself up with some good news. Here are a couple videos I found to remind me that good people DO exist.
Watch the first and the second ;)
A great Dad to all..
Have a good day!!
Friday, July 20, 2012
- Rachel's Look Book is showing us some European flair by recreating outfits she saw while across the pond! A must see! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Crazy Style Love is in full-on "ladies who lunch" mode with a pretty pastel look. Monochromatic at its best! (find Crazy Style Love on Twitter!)
- 100 Inspirations recreates a casual Jessica Alba look complete with mint jeans and pink loafers. Head over to find out where to get the goods - all for under $140!
- High Heeled Style is having a polka party with her fun top! Paired with green accents and a pencil skirt, it makes for an office look that is sure to stand out! (find High Heeled Style on Twitter!)
- Ash 'N' Fashn loves the classic combination of red and blue together long after Independence Day! Head over to see how she pairs blue with a little red dress! (find Ash N' Fashn on Twitter!)
- Pink Margarita Pearl remind us how important accessories are to our look! Pop over to see how she turned an all black outfit into something special with a few key pieces!
- Urban Frill goes red-hot while pairing a long, flowy vest with her usual work attire for an unexpected twist to business causal! So cute! (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Here & Now is sporting a little drop-hem number that is reminiscent of the 20s. A seriously sassy look for date night! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Fabulously Average shares with us her "Tall Girls Guide to the Mini." Head over to see how she puts her rules to use! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Runaway Style is letting her shorts take center stage in this California cool look that is ready for any warm weather you can throw at it! Love those shorts!
- The Queen City Style has discovered something all you fashionistas need... a running dress! Yes, a running dress! Go check it out! (find The Queen City Style on Twitter!)
- Olive and an Arrow is channeling Jess from "New girl" with her adorable polka dot number! I'd say she wears it better than Zooey, what do you think?? (find Olive and an Arrow on Twitter!)
- Second Street East is letting her hair down with a geometric skirt and denim top - a fun look to brighten the day! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style looks ahead to cooler weather with Madewell's fall preview. Head over for tips on how to predict fashion trends for next season! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Thursday, July 19, 2012
This outfit is very similar to this post, but it's different.. I swear!
p.s. Please excuse the frizz.
Cardi: NY&Co..... Similar
Shoes: Target (old)
Yeah, I know. It's a little too warm for a cardigan, but hear me out. A good and versatile cardigan is always good to keep on hand for at least 3 reasons:
1. Restaurants and movie theaters are usually chilly. No one wants their Fettuccine Alfredo with a side of goosebumps.
2. They provide a layer of style, color, or interest to an outfit. Bonus!: This opens new doors to different accessories.
3. They disguise the ugly. You know, like love handles and stuff... from the Fettuccine Alfredo.
This one is 3 quarter length because it's summer. I buy them left and right. I recommend shopping at New York & Company and Target if you have long arms, and need full length sleeves.
And now for a little A.D.D...
Booboo likes when his mommy takes photos outside. Photo time = play time. That is, until an airplane flies overhead. Then he freaks.
Okay, this has absolutely no relevance. Moving on.
* * *
In other news, I'm behind on a few things. I've had a crazy, but good, past couple of days. The most exciting thing being there's a new baby in the family!! Well technically my boyfriends family, but I'd like to claim him too, because he's just so darn cute. :)
First, I'd like to thank Stephanie, from Pretty Little Things, for including me in the Versatile Blogger award last week!
And also Dana, from Dana's Lookbook, for including me in the Liebster award.
I'm not sure as to why they're called "awards".. but that doesn't change the fact that these two fellow bloggers are absolute sweethearts for bringing me in on it! Both Stephanie and Dana are on my reading list, and I think it'd be nice if they became part of yours too :).
Hang in there everyone! The weekend IS coming!!
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Top: NY&Co (check stores) Similar
Flip Flops: Target (last year)
Earrings and Bracelets: Target
So it's hard to tell from these pictures, but these shorts have a shimmer to them. For a good balance of shimmer between the shorts and earrings, I added just a plain and simple blouse in between.
It's so hot, I can't think.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Jeans: Paige denim via TJ Maxx
Clutch: Target (recent)
Long necklace: NY&Co (old)
Short necklace: F21 (recent)
Belt: Old Navy.... Similar
Sunnies: TJ Maxx
This outfit by itself is lame-o. It's just....boring and black.
Piling on the accessories added just the right amount of jazz :)
Don't forget your accessories!!
Friday, July 13, 2012
- Rachel's Look Book thinks beyond the khakis for an adorable golf outing look! The cutest one on the course for sure! (find Rachel's Look Book on Twitter!)
- Melificent shows us her favorite nail polish color to add a pep to her step! Head over to see which bright she is gushing over! (find Melificent on Twitter!)
- Crazy Style Love pairs sequins and suede for a luxe combination ready for day or night! So fun! (find Crazy Style Love on Twitter!)
- Sigh...Gush...Gasp brings extreme couponing to the fashion world and is sporting an outfit that cost her less than $10! Impressive! (find Sigh...Gush...Gasp on Twitter!)
- A Fashion Fixation mixes things up with varying hues of blue! A monochromatic look that is perfect for summer! (find A Fashion Fixation on Twitter!)
- High Heeled Style is sporting red white and blue to extend her patriotism beyond the fourth! Don't miss her fabulous shoes! (find High Heeled Style on Twitter!)
- Ash 'N' Fashn is rocking a flower headband for a boho fairy vibe that is straight out of the 70's. Seriously cute! (find Ash N' Fashn on Twitter!)
- Pink Margarita Pearl has been doing some bargain shopping and shows us her latest find! Pop over to see her amazing deal!
- Urban Frill is looking ladylike in pink and green and discovering the true meaning to the saying "beauty is pain!" (find Urban Frill on Twitter!)
- Here & Now upgraded her usual white shirt for a peplum tank! Perfect for a more polished summer BBQ outfit! (find Here & Now on Twitter!)
- Fabulously Average is in love with her new top - sheer, metallic and peplum makes for an amazing ladies' night look! (find Fabulously Average on Twitter!)
- Runaway Style declared her love for polka dots with a flowy blouse! You'll never guess where she found it!
- Second Street East found some of her "vintage" F21 pieces while moving and shows us that even those can make it through the years! (find Second Street East on Twitter!)
- Sweetie Pie Style shares her tips and tricks for styling the newly popular denim vest! Head over to see what she pairs it with! (find Sweetie Pie Style on Twitter!)
Be sure to check out these fabulous ladies, and their own personal style!
Dr. Denim cotton shorts
$62 - nelly.com
$62 - nelly.com
Sam Edelman summer shoes
$83 - eluxe.ca
$83 - eluxe.ca
Element tote handbag
MICHAEL Michael Kors leather bangle
$150 - stylemetv.com
$150 - stylemetv.com
Ray-Ban plastic sunglasses
$185 - eluxe.ca
$185 - eluxe.ca
TGIF!! Although, I have to admit, I am kinda bumming today. I have to work! I've had off the past many Fridays (at this point I'm sure I'm getting zero sympathy lol), so I'm day dreaming of what I'd be wearing if I were a free bird today.
I just realized the "love" accessory is a bracelet. Lets pretend it's a ring. It's ok. Remember, we're dreaming. :)
Anyway, I plan on some retail therapy this weekend... which reminds me, I'm out of hangers.
Stay tuned my friends, hopefully I will have some fun, and frugal (or at least I'll try), finds coming soon!!
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
Pants: Paige denim via TJ Maxx Similar here
All bracelets & Watch (except white one): Flea Market
White one: Target
Bag: Coach Outlet
Sunnies: TJ Maxx
Hey hey! Today, I give you my newest Old Navy find. It reminds me of a sunset at the beach :) But I really bought it for 2 reasons: My love of neon, nude, & stripes... aaand it was 5 bucks.
I love Old Navy's Clearance section. It's like a store of its own, and it's organized by size and color! As soon as I get there, I beeline it to the back. I never pay full price for anything at Old Navy (or New York and Company). It all goes on sale within two- three weeks of its arrival.
Mama didn't raise no fool.